Lunes, Hunyo 20, 2011

Man vs Food

I doubted my husband when he said that he can finish 2 whole fried chickens in one sitting. E may chicken-all-you-can ang Max's. Di nagkaroon kami bigla ng "wanna bet" moment! Bigla kong naramdaman na mukhang kaya nga nya. He's loved chicken all his life :)

630pm kami dumating, just 30 minutes after the promo started. Hala parang fans day ni Sharon. People from all walks of life flocked for an avalanche of manok. I managed to find a waiting area seat after I cued us in. I didn't bother looking kung pang-ilan kami. I also didn't stand to follow-up on our cue kasi ang kawawang taga kuha ng lista, hindi na ngumingiti. Once in about 6 minutes, an angry customer comes to her with a complaint "Bakit di mo pa kami unahin e tatatlo lang kami.." "First come first serve po kasi". Onga naman. Maghintay nalang tayo. Nakakainit talaga ng ulo ang gutom ano?

Another man in his late 50s went to poor-she and sort of threatened her with something (I couldn't make out the grunts at my distance), but he left with parang threats, stringing out the door with his family with little kids. I then realize that this is the same group that came about 20 minutes after I did, and minutes later one of them said to her companion "We're next (smile). I don't know what he did." The "he" turned out to be the grunting guy and "what he did" to get to the front of the line didn't matter anymore hehe. Sana nga, walang palakasan.

We were given a table around an hour after we arrived. We enjoyed every minute of the meal - ang sarap ng manok! Quarter after quarter (we like the leg and thigh part) of juicy, well-seasoned chicken, a friendly and attentive staff, and an entertaining spot (next to a guy whose voice box had a built-in amp, speaking as if he  swallowed Jimmy Santos), made for a delicious night.

Syempre, I lost the bet :) In this Man vs 2 whole chickens (equivalent), man won!

Max's Chicken All You Can, 6pm to 10pm, is on until July 10 2011. If I may, some tips for an enjoyable maligo ng manok experience:

1.
Don't come very hungry. Have a cracker or a piece of bread before going. Long wait and hunger is a lethal combi (for the Max's staff).

2.
Expect a long wait and think of ways to ride the minutes. I chose to people-watch and chat with my co-waiters-in-line :) I also stared at the cakes in the bakery display (ended up taking an ube roll home, galing ng nakaisip to put the waiting bench in front of that display haha).

3.
Be nice to the staff. At Max's Santana Grove, they were obviously doing the best they could to accommodate us at the soonest time and I hope this is the same for the other outlets. Non-smiling or not, please remember that the promo period is one of the worst days of their working lives. Yung mga receptionist parang mga nagre receive ng complaint calls sa call center - pero ito face to face, the chefs are slaving, no, crying over their hot busy stoves, and the servers' limbs are weary from the marathon with heavy trays.

4.
This is for all our dining experiences - Treat the servers as if they were friends, not servants. Those name plates aren't there for nothing - call them by their names soon as your eyes can make their names out. Order with a "please" kahit we are the ones giving them business.

5.
Always thank your server each time they give you what you asked for (no matter how many times they come to refill your drink).

6.
If you have a complaint on your server, speak to the head waiter, manager, or officer-on-duty. Do not make a scene.

7.
If your experience is as good as our Max's dinner, leave a good tip :) I leave candy too hehe.

Happy chickening! :)

Rrrrround 1! Fight!
At this point, I was also served my second piece
Sa round 3, di pako tapos sa round 2 ko :)
Nung round 4, um-order na kami ng pancit hehe
5th Q
Round 6, may matching mango shake na
Round 7, refill na ng ketchup :)
And finally, round 8! I only got through round 4, bano!
Man Won!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento